Once upon a time I was so excited to make my guacamole that I accidentally bought parsley instead of cilantro. Surprisingly my accidental parsley guacamole turned out pretty delicious! With the addition of a few other unexpected ingredients, this guacamole has a special Gourmet Gab spin.
- 3 avocados
- ½ medium onion
- 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 3 small red, orange or yellow tomatos
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (or parsley by accident)
- 2 clove garlic
- ¼ cup sweet corn salsa
- Place avocado chunks in a large bowl. Toss with lime juice.
- Add salt and cayenne. Gently mash avocados with the back of a spoon or a potato masher. Leave some avocados chunky.
- Stir in onion, garlic, tomato, cilantro and corn salsa.
- Enjoy immediately with chips or chill in the refrigerator.
Although I was lucky that the guac turned out well with parsley, it will be 10x better with cilantro–so I recommend sticking to that! I added Trader Joe’s Corn and Chile tomato-less salsa to the guacamole and it was fabulous. It has a sweet flavor, which added a unique layer to the dip, but any corn salsa would work.
Another plus to guacamole is that it is full of healthy fats, nutrients and anti-inflammatory benefits (LiveStrong). You can feel as good eating this snack as it tastes! Do you add any other unexpected ingredients to your guacamole?
Love food | Love self | Love life … Gabriela4