In my mind, every big accomplishment calls for a celebration with food and drinks to fit the theme. Last week I graduated from Arizona State University and this milestone lent itself to a Sunday Brunch complete with bottomless Mimosas and a Bloody Mary bar. It was such a lovely afternoon with a small group of family and friends. My step-mom, Susan, went completely above and beyond planning the menus, filling the house with fresh flowers and making sure no detail was forgotten. Special thanks also goes to my dad Jose and Grandma Arline. I put together a little video sharing the special day…enjoy!
Thinking about planning a morning gathering this summer? Read on for some ideas…
Top 5 Tips for Hosting Brunch
- As my dad says, “It’s better to have too much than not enough.” You never want to make a guest feel like they shouldn’t go back for seconds.
- Do as much ahead of time as possible, even if that means ordering food from your favorite restaurant or market.
- Have a well-balanced menu of options. Proteins (eggs, meat, fish), Produce (fresh fruit, salad, grilled veggies), Carbs (fresh sliced bread, gourmet crackers) and Dairy (cheese selection, yogurt parfaits). Keep in mind any guests with dietary restrictions.
- Something sweet is a must. I love mini pastries so guests can sample a few: cinnamon rolls, macarons, chocolate croissants and scones are my favorites.
- The little things can often be the most memorable. Guests will appreciate the Altoids you left for them in the bathroom, the unexpected fruit infused water, or personalized name cards.
Comment below with your favorite tips, tricks or recipes for weekend brunches. Can’t wait to hear. Happy Brunching!
Love food. Love self. Love life.