If you love the smell of coffee brewing in the morning, you’re going to love this recipe. Change things up a bit and add a sprinkle of ground coffee into a spice rub for salmon, chicken and steak. For real!
If you think I sound crazy, just hear me out for a second. The richness of the coffee pairs perfectly with the smoky paprika and the sweet, nutty cinnamon. If you’re not doing Whole30 and are open to eating sugar, add a little sprinkle of brown sugar for caramelization and sweetness. You can also use this same spice combination on other proteins and it would be amazing.
Quick and Easy
To be honest – I don’t really measure the spices because it’s easy enough to just sprinkle generously over the salmon and call it a day! This is quite possibly the best weeknight dinner main you could whip together in 15 MINUTES! It tastes like it’s been marinating for days because of the quick spice rub. If you’re hesitant about putting ground coffee in a spice rub, give it a try and trust me!
- 2 servings of salmon filet
- Spices: paprika, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coffee
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pat salmon filets dry with a paper towel.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Drizzle filets with a little olive oil, then generously apply all spices and a sprinkle of the ground coffee.
- Gently rub spices and coffee into the salmon to mix and spread. Wash hands.
- Bake salmon for about 8-10 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove salmon from sheet tray to rest.
You can totally eat this salmon on its own, but it would also be amazing flaked and served in tacos with a little cabbage slaw, on top of a big arugula salad with a light vinaigrette, or paired with roasted veggies for a quick weeknight dinner. Try it with my favorite Chimichurri sauce! Let me know your favorite way to eat it in the comments below!
Love food. Love self. Love life.