Today we’re talking about Scrabble…not the game, but the party mix! My family has been passing this recipe down through the generations. This afternoon I talked to my Great Aunt Carol Joyce who has been making Scrabble for 45 years!
This is a snack that has a little bit of everything–cereal, nuts, pretzels–and a lot of flavor. Although this may seem a little time-consuming, the recipe makes a big batch so you can munch on it throughout the Christmas season!
Scrabble mix is ideal for holiday entertaining…it’s inexpensive, easy to make and really tasty.
- 2 pounds of salted, mixed nuts
- 12 oz. box of Corn Chex
- 10 oz. box of Cherrios
- 6 1/2 oz. box of Rice Chex
- 10 oz. of pretzel sticks
- 2 cups of canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon of garlic salt
- Mix cereal, nuts and pretzels in a large roasting pan.
- Whisk oil, salts and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let sit for a while until the mix is cooled.
15 days until Christmas!0