When the month of December rolls around, I always know I will find something special at the grocery store: Peppermint Ice Cream! This Holiday Season I want to put a simple twist on this classic, so I found a recipe for a Peppermint Shake from GoodHousekeeping.com. Sounds delicious, huh?!
- In blender, blend candies until finely crushed.
- Add ice cream, milk, and peppermint extract and blend until mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses.
To add an extra touch…
- Blend in a tablespoon or so of chocolate chips.
- Garnish the rim of the glass with crushed peppermint (shown in picture above).
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Stick a candy cane into the glass for decoration.
Love food. Love self. Love life.0