I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I love Peanut Butter! So naturally, one of my favorite Christmas cookies is Peanut Blossoms. If you are a fan of PB and/or chocolate I am quite positive you will enjoy these little treats, as well. Below is the Gourmet Gab family recipe for Peanut Blossoms. Happy Baking!
Peanut Blossom Cookies
- 1 Bag (8 oz.) Hershey’s Kisses
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap Kisses.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well. Stir together flour, soda and salt in separate bowl. Gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1″ balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes (until light brown). Immediately press a Kiss into each cookie’s center. Cool on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen.
Love food. Love self. Love life.0