Honey mustard is typically spread on a bun or a sandwich, but the bold flavors get mixed right into these honey mustard turkey burgers. Ground turkey is a great alternative to ground beef. It’s full of lean protein and can be transformed into so many dishes. Turkey burgers make a simple summer dinner that the whole family will enjoy!
My burger patty got so big and juicy that I couldn’t even fit it in my mouth! Here’s what my dinner looked like after the fancy presentation. You’ll also notice the cantaloupe and prosciutto salad in the background. I’m going to post about that tomorrow because it was so delicious it deserves its own spotlight!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup coarse ground mustard
- 2 clove garlic
- ½ small white onion
- 4 hamburger buns
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon safflower, canola or olive oil
- 4 thin slice tomato
- 4 thin slice muenster cheese
- 1 avocado
- Heat grill or medium skillet on medium heat. Combine turkey, honey, mustard, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Mix gently.
- Form turkey mixture into four balls and flatten into four 1-inch-thick burgers.
- Drizzle pan with oil and add burgers to pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- While burgers are cooking, drizzle buns with olive oil and broil for 1 minute, or until golden brown. Layer burger, cheese, avocado, tomato and any other desired toppings on bun and serve.
I loved how simple these burgers were to whip up. Don’t be afraid to get yours hands right into the burger making process! The avocado, tomato and Muenster toppings were fabulous. What are you going to your honey mustard turkey burgers with?
Love food | Love self | Love life … Gabriela0