Vegetable side dishes are staples for holiday dinners. This Creamed Corn recipe has been a family tradition for years. Mix all the ingredients in the slow cooker and simply stir every couple of hours. When entertaining a crowd, this dish is a no brainer. No wonder my Grandma loved it! (She had eight kids running around the house.)
This recipe comes to Gourmet Gab from North Dakota. Midwesterners love their rich dishes, so get ready to indulge with this creamy, cheesy corn.
Birkeland Family Creamed Corn
- Two 1 lb. cans of corn (drained)
- 4 oz. mushrooms (drained)
- 3 oz. pimento (cut and drained)
- 1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1 can water chestnuts (drained)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Put all ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 2 to 4 hours, or on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
23 days until Christmas!